Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Big Girls Don't Cry

OK, so I certainly don't want this to turn into a bragging blog - but, please allow a momma to share her amazement at her little lady.

I took Abi to the doctor's office for her second round of the flu shot (boo). Donald, being the amazing man and poppa that he is, is usually at every appt. with me - but not today since it was a fast in and out. Not even any doctor face time. So, I was sitting in the waiting room, staring at the fish, and thinking about checking out with a sad and hurting abi on my own (I know, some moms who might read this are probably thinking that I live in a dream world, always having donald there at doctor's - but hey, I'm embracing it!).

Then, nurse Tonya calls us back - we enter the room - Abi immediately gets excited about the butcher block paper, I initial the sheet - we lay abi down (I'm bracing myself for the crying, as I always fight back tears too) - nurse Tonya gives the shots - and no crying. What??!! No crying - only smiling. What a special girl.

(Side note - I did once read an article about a condition where kiddos dont' feel pain and it is life-threatening. Abi does cry when she bumps her head, etc - so no worries on that front!)

Because I feel weird posting without pictures - her's abi doing her morning yoga. We try and do this every morning (she enjoys it for about 30 minutes and then has enough), but our tuesdays and wednesdays don't currently allow for it. So, she's a flexible, fit lady for 5 out of 7 days!

1 comment:

Kristian and Katy said...

oh i LOVE this picture. i want to hold her.

and way to go abi!! i'm sure that was such a relief for momma :)