Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My little helper

This past week Donald has been working a funky work schedule and has been up at work until 8 o’clock!  BLAH.  Fellow mommas who have late workin’ hubbies – I feel for you in a whole new way!  So because of Donald’s absence – Abi’s had to pick up the slack in household chores.  She’s done it all with a smile on her face.  What a good little helper lady!

Helping momma load the dishwasher:

IMG_8951

Sometimes you just need to play in the dishwasher too (and then be upset when momma has a double standard that lets you do something to get a cute picture and then asks you not to do that behavior anymore!):

IMG_8955But don’t worry, she tries again – and momma still thought it was cute, so another bad standard for me!

IMG_8956It’s Texas, so sometimes you need a cool glass of lemonade:

IMG_8966

And what makes something cool except for some ice cubes! 

IMG_8964

Oslo LOVES icecubes (weird cat) so he wanted in on the action!

IMG_8965Poppa’s also not around to make momma laugh, so Abi helped out with that too:

IMG_8968  IMG_8971

I guess the cupboards weren’t organized correctly, so Abi graciously helped me rearrange them:

IMG_8976

And it’s only Wednesday!  We are anxious for the week to end so that we get Donald home right on time.  I have certainly learned from this week how spoiled I am.  We miss you and love you MUCHO, doons!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Aren't they fun??? I feel you on the "home alone" thing. Exhausting, fun and makes you appreciate your man all the more! As for double standards...it's worth the picture almost every time. :)

Brian & Jenny said...

So cute! Abi is a delightful little girl, and I am sure Doon misses both of his lady and little lady like crazy!