Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ohhh, wanting to be big!

One of the many things that tickle me about my abi are watching her stare at older girls with this admiration.  She just thinks they’re amazing.  Wonderful.  Inspiring.  There is a lot of responsibility there!  It stirs something in my heart as I realize how I crave the modeling from older women, how easily I can be influenced by those that I admire, those whom I watch from afar.  I think as women we never really outgrow that.

This “ooohhh” and “awwww” moment revealed itself this past week as we drove to our small group with our delightful babysitters in tow.  One of them had a certain pop-culture phenomenon with them – and abi was smitten. Have you seen these crazy rubberband-type-things?  I wish I would have thought of that…

photo3

photo4

No comments: