Thursday, January 13, 2011

Out Of the Mouth of Our Babe / Salon 6789

The ‘Out Of the Mouth of Our Babe’ idea – well, us parents just think that our kiddos are hilarious and sensitive and brilliant and thoughtful and many other combinations all at the same time, yes?!  I’ve been advised by many a mom-friend to keep track of these little wonders that they utter.  Because simply: we forget.  I have a little journal, but I thought it’d be fun to blog as well.  So, roll your eyes if you please.  There are going to be many an abi-ism a-comin’!

IMG_8146

“Momma, that candle is very beautiful.”  (She loves the word beautiful, I smile) “Let’s sing Happy Birthday and I blow it out.”

 

Where is this salon 6-7-8-9 you ask?  Oh, that’s just the name that Abi chose for her little hair parlor that we had operating tonight.  (I don’t know where it came from, but I laughed out loud when she said it!)  Thursdays always contain so many emotions for me.  I am excited to be at the Zoo.  I miss my Abi something awful.  I am tired and thus ready for the little love bug to head to bed.  I am sad to have missed her day, so I keep her up late.  Oh, being a woman! 

Tonight we decided to fix each other’s hair.  We talked about how divine it felt to have someone comb your hair.  We made silly hair-do’s.  We laughed.  At one point, I was giggling thinking how very “mom and little girl” these precious moments were.  And I just sat there on that sweet pink rug being thankful.  Because it’s pretty darn awesome to have those idyllic moments with your baby.  I just love her.

Upon Abi doing her hair – and my hair.  I’m not going to lie either, having her brush my hair felt amazing!

Abi's Salon

From her view – she’s so funny.  She told me to “be happy” , “now be sad”, “now be silly mommy.”  Maybe a photographer in the making??

Abi's Salon1

No comments: