Thursday, March 17, 2011

How do you know if you like princesses??

I think it must just be engrained to DNA or something for little girls.  A love of princesses and all things dress-up.  I must admit; I am often caught smiling at Abi’s constant requests for Donald or I to be her prince and dance with her / the daily dress-up rituals / the crown and princess shoes adoration – oh yes, it’s all there!  But, in a way, it’s really wonderful.  There’s something so basic about Abi wanting to be a princess.  She is a little girl, and little girls want to feel beautiful and adored.  They want to have their prince to dance with them and to tell them how much they are loved and how lovely they are.  I love that she enjoys being rough and tumble at times, getting dirty, being outside and loving creation – but how lovely that this is where she is right now.  Just a little girl, dancing around in circles with her arms outstretched – sure of how much she is loved and adored.

IMG_8392

 IMG_8229 

image

image

And to leave you with a little something to smile about!  (Usually when she is playing she is Princess Abi or Giselle – and we are always asked to be Prince Edward – Now you know why!)  Dearest Jess, thank you for letting us borrow Enchanted for such a long time!  Abi is in love!

2 comments:

R said...

Oh my! I love your little princess.

The Shepard Girls said...

Please keep in mind how inexpressibly adorable I think Abi is when I say this.... but the picture of Granddad with the wand is pretty much the cutest picture ever.