Monday, July 23, 2012

Traveling in her mind…

Truly, the imagination of little ones is so fascinating.  Some days, it brings about snickers & smiles (well, most days) and other days it may bring out an eye roll…but almost always I am a bit envious of it.  There is such a magic to their minds.  They’re not limited by the realities of the world, they see the world as limitless.  I’ll have another glass of that, please.

My abi-girl hasn’t had an imaginary friend (yet!) but she does take amazing travels.  She has been to almost every place that Donald & I have been (and many places we’ve talked about going!)…she mostly visits these places “when you’re out on a date; I went there with my Mimi & Grandpa Zo” or “oh yes, Nanny & Grandpa have taken me there when you were running an errand.”  It is awesome.  Some of the details she gives are hilarious – others I’m somewhat taken aback because of how closely she was listening when I didn’t think she was!  Oh goodness.

The places my girl has gone:

She’s visited the alps (told this while watching The Sound of Music during family movie night)

100_1780_0153

100_1809_0182

(from D’s amazing Europe adventure with dear friends during 2004)

She’s been to China (discovered when we were talking about abi’s special pearls that D brought her back from 2010)

IMG_0753

IMG_1179

(visiting the Potter fam in 2008 – I mean technically, she has been there…pregnant with Abi)

She took a trip to the Great Lakes – we talk about these quite a bit, so I’m not exactly sure what prompted her personal story…

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/54/1f/44/isle-royale-national.jpg

 

Oh my abi – may your imagination continue to thrive…and may your sweet self get to see the beauty that the world holds for you.

No comments: