Monday, March 23, 2009

Why my Mom is crazy…

 

Here's the scene: Dallas, TX - Spring Break 2009

From the Dallas News: "The Dallas Arboretum is expecting 20,000 to 25,000 visitors during spring break. "The crowds are great," Arboretum spokeswoman Terry Lendecker said. "We've gone into overflow parking every day and been busing people from off-site."

Yep - we did that. We had to park by the lake, there wasn't enough room at the Arboretum's lot!

Abi & Emory (sorry Caitlin, I brought out my camera too late!)

From the Zoo Employees: Wednesday - 10-15,000 people in attendance. Oh yes, we thought that would be fun too. To make matters worse, we went with all people who used to work at the zoo - we should know better!

Abi, Austin, and Ella

We are thankful those crazy kiddos are back in school this week. Dallas can once again return to normal. Ahhhhh.

2 comments:

The Shepard Girls said...

Looks like you guys had fun though! She's so cute in that hat! Thanks for sending the website. That's hilarious because that's the site I was using! I feel like I'm not really "making food" anymore now that it's not pureed. We get lazy and do a lot of canned things- green beans, pears, and chicken noodle soup are popular. She loves strawberries (not sure if Abi is old enough for that yet), any kind of cheese (pre-grated is awesome because it serves a dual purpose of entertainment too), and peas. We've been a little limited due to severe constipation. And I'm trying to get her eating more of what we're eating for dinner. I never got creative with mixing things like you do, which I wish I had done. Now that this is the longest post ever, I will say bye for now!

Kristian and Katy said...

love to see what yall are up to!!! abi is precious, as always.
wish i could chill on a blanket at the arboretum with you!!