Monday, August 8, 2011

Our girl is 37 months…

Haha, because, well I failed to celebrate ‘36 months’ in the blog-world for our dear abi – so here we are on her 37th month birthday!  Such a significant one :)

IMG_1614

Abi = delight.  Obvious bias, of course, but she is a special girl whom we are beyond thankful to be a part of our family.  She brings laughter, joy, thoughtfulness, and a multitude of other blessings to this house of ours!

IMG_1654

Her year was marked with an explosion of verbal skills – we love having insight into this mind of hers – which brought about an entire new level of joy in mothering.  We have these wonderful conversations together, she is truly such a delight for me to spend my days with.  Then there was that brother…being a new big sister has  revealed tenderness, compassion, frustration, and a whole slew of emotions that needed developing!  She has handled it like a champ!  She is thoughtful.  Often I am left being encouraged by her simple love towards others.  She is honest, not trying to hide who God made her to be or what makes her different.  I love that.  Abi is generous.  She doesn’t hoard or think about the risk to her later, but loves to share (of course, this is at times NOT the case!) and thinks about making others happy.  She embraces life fully and I am reminded to pursue my daily happenings with equal zeal!

IMG_1754

My darling girl – you make us so happy.  You are cherished and you are loved.  Happy 37 months!

IMG_1195

No comments: