Tuesday, September 27, 2011

We Americans call it ‘Soccer’

I’ve always thought it strange that we call this great sport something different than the rest of the world…I’m probably over thinking it :)

Abi is playing soccer.  With other 3 year old cuties.  Oh my, they are so sweet.  You knew it was going to be a good time when you signed up a bunch of three year old ladies to play a sport that requires mental thinking that is probably beyond their attention spans…but it is just priceless.  And they learn about being part of a team.  Oh, and about winning and losing.  Oh, and just about having fun with a bunch of friends.  Umm, yes, we will sign up for that!

First practice:

God bless Brian & Coach Dave (and when needed Jess!) for teaching these little beauties about soccer!

IMG_2357

IMG_2364

IMG_2376

Nate & Fyn – just there to have a good time.  I would love to know what they’re thinking in their minds…

IMG_2351

First game.  Quite an experience.  I’m too loud.  I kind of knew I would be though.  It’s in my genes.  You should have heard my mother when I was growing up.  Such a positive, wonderful woman…but, she was loud!!  I never doubted someone was rooting for me though.

The girls didn’t entirely grasp the concept – but again, it was precious to watch.  And Abi scored a goal!  Oh, wow!!  I think I had a sore throat after that series…

IMG_2425 IMG_2428

Oh!  There they are again!

IMG_2432

How they keep the girls from crowding the ball right away.  Pretty genius idea, actually!

IMG_2442 IMG_2445

And here it comes…

IMG_2456

She’s breaking away…

And going…

IMG_2457

And going…

IMG_2459

And going…

IMG_2460

And then I got too excited and stopped taking pictures!  GO ABI!

More to come (because how could I resist more posts with these adorable girls?!)…we’ll leave you with the “tunnel” shot.

IMG_2465

4 comments:

The Shepard Girls said...

She even has Umbro shorts. How freaking cute can she be?

Amy said...

Love it!! We so loved LHSA! We miss it very much up here. Way to go Abi!! Let her know that we are cheering from here. And anytime she wants a little practice in the altitude with a mountain view, she's welcome. =)

Clint and Lauren Brock said...

Clint and I just had a really good time reading this post about how Abi started "shockter". I love that everyone has pink soccer balls and almost no one is dressed in real sport clothes. My kind of team! I can't believe Abi scored a goal!! Wow! What a cutie!!

R said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS. This is the sweetest thing ever. I love it! Way to go, Abi!!!