Friday, June 12, 2009

Outsmarting the Sock Monkey

IMG_7569How many people are smiling at the mention of a sock monkey?!  I loved my sock monkey growing up, and I was so thrilled to see a “distribution to the masses” at Target in the past month of sock monkeys and other related items.  When my Grandma was down from Michigan last month, she graciously purchased Abi a jack-in-the-box sock monkey.  I was super excited because I love jack-in-the-boxes (and was excited that Target was selling them instead of spending 30 plus dollars on one!) and I love sock monkeys!  Abi really enjoyed the toy – yet her thinking has surpassed the classic toy makers – and this is how our time with the toy is spent now:

“Cute little sock monkey, get back in your home…”

 IMG_7568

(Shoving the sock monkey back in the box  - can’t quite do it on her own yet, but she sure does try!)

IMG_7563

IMG_7565

Deciding she doesn’t want to wait the ridiculous 30 seconds for “Pop goes the Weasel” and takes matters into her own hands:

IMG_7566 IMG_7567

What a clever, little cheater!!!

2 comments:

Jan Christiansen said...

And another generation of sock monkey lovers is born! Abi is adorable.

I've been making sock monkeys for a couple of years now. I even have the very same sock monkey Jack-in-the-Box as Abi.

I bet she would like looking at all the pictures of sock monkeys I've made here at Sock Monkey Ranch (www.sockmonkeyranch.com).

There are over 8 pages of monkeys to look at in the Monkey Gallery. http://www.sockmonkeyranch.com/gallery.html

I hope you'll drop by the ranch and meet them. I'll tell them to be on their best behavior during your visit...but I can't guarantee anything!

Granny Jan

Kristian and Katy said...

hahaha!! so cute :)