Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The next master chef?

So, Donald and I really are addicted to this show.  It’s brilliant – take a chef show, which were previously aloof on channels such as Bravo and the like (which do not come free on HD antennae, so consequently are not watched in the wallace casa) and bring them to mainstream prime time!  Hooray!  Even though we think that Chef Ramsey is one crazy cookie.  I am always inspired, always humbled by how much I do NOT know about food or preparing it, and always encouraged to keep my little lady with me in the kitchen.  Food truly can be something beautiful.  It is about the relationships that are enriched through food that make it beautiful.  Sitting around a table with dear friends, sharing it downtown or wherever with those who are in need, baking in the context of your home with your daughter.  Beautiful memories of which I am thankful.  This girl loves to cook.  As soon as I start to prep the kitchen, you better believe that the middle drawer is pulled out, apron X2 are in hand (she likes for me to wear one too), and a stool is being scooted around the island so that she can be at the proper height.  A peek into our recent conquests…

IMG_5207

IMG_5206

A very easy job for abi (and one that keeps her busy, which is easier for me!) is whisking.  So, that’s frequently the duty that she is assigned, and does so with great gusto!

IMG_5448

IMG_5450

IMG_5451

The mess that inevitably follows…but I am always smiling when cleaning these messes up.  They are precious.

IMG_5338

Because we all need a really good and honest “taster” in the house.

IMG_5453

No comments: