Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The reality of a long day – Sanctification through Motherhood

I feel like at times long days have become synonymous with Abi being 2!  Oh my goodness, I love this girl so much – but I am realizing that tending to a child’s soul is not the easiest task in the world!  At times I am oh so tired.  At times Abi is oh so not impressed by my attempted “stellar mothering skills.”  One day at a time.  I am so thankful for the lessons of humanity, grace, humility, and patience that loving this little heart have given me (even though sometimes I do not recognize them as a gift, and I fight the learning of these lessons!).  Recently, I just had to take pictures….or I might have gone crazy.

IMG_5606

Yep, that’s my awesomely clean kitchen…looking good, huh??

IMG_5593

Did you want a closer look??

IMG_5594

No…I did not strap my child in…she did that willingly, although she might have been exhibiting telepathic abilities.  Why is her carseat in the house, you ask?  Oh, that’s right…she went potty on the way home.  Ahhh.

IMG_5599

And because I needed some downtime and this is something that I really believe in PLUS there is that little addition that we’re expecting in February…we have been working on mandatory reading time.  Where both Abi & I read for 10 minutes…Abi wanted to read in her tent…that' sounds great – oh wait, except she just wanted to play in her tent.  The books were just an accessory.  Try forcing a 2 year old to read.  It’s pretty funny.  Please note: there is no abi in this picture…just books being unread.

IMG_5604

“But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.”  II Corinthians 12:9

No comments: