Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Visiting the DMA

We are so grateful for so many fun museums to explore so close to home!  We are also so grateful for indoor, air-conditioned activities in the summer – hooray that the two are synonymous!

IMG_1443

I will also add in a ‘hooray’ for creative friends.  My kind friend, Valerie, is so talented.  We explored a current visiting exhibit at the DMA (Dallas Museum of Art) and the kiddos discussed the different shapes and colors that they saw.  I loved watching the people’s faces who were there for a quiet afternoon.  Oh well, come again friends, come again.

IMG_1441 

The kids area was great – lots of room to explore and create.  I especially appreciated this as “artsy creativity” is NOT my forte, thankfully here I just got to be an entertained (and educated too!) bystander!

IMG_1446

Valerie also organized the kiddos recreating what they had seen in the gallery earlier.  Pure mommy genius.

IMG_1456

1 comment:

Sarah said...

so cute. if only you lived up here...you would be astounded at all the free things. miss you friend!