Sunday, January 31, 2010

Missing my girl…

Went away this weekend.  Just me.  No hubby – no abi = STRANGE.  Not going to lie here, there were some great aspects to this equation (not so many to the no hubby part, but the no baby part!).  Got to sleep in – well, kind of.  Girls who haven’t seen each other in a long while, austin, and needing to be at breakfast by 9:30 didn’t really translate to lots of sleep – but I did KIND OF get to sleep on “my own” schedule!  I got to have hours of girl talk.  Doesn’t happen much.  Got to think of just me.  Doesn’t happen much.  But, I wouldn’t choose it.  I’m my favorite “version” of me when I’m with my man and abi.  Goodness, I missed her!

  • Missed her “mama’s”!
  • Missed her sweet face
  • Missed her cuddly warmth in the AM
  • Missed her laugh
  • And those eyes
  • Missed her hugs & kisses
  • Missed her weight situated comfortably and familiarly on my hip
  • Missed my big bag which holds EVERYTHING!
  • Missed our fun
  • Just missed her

Glad to be home!

IMG_2407

IMG_2412

IMG_2417

(Would you like one of our wallace-original play-dough bows?)

1 comment:

R said...

I'm glad you had fun in Austin, but I'm glad you got to come home to your wonderful family!