Monday, November 23, 2009

The Dallas Zoo…again…and again…and again!

Sometimes I feel as though we should just set up camp there.  I mean really.  Abi will look back on this blog and feel like she spent her childhood at the zoo.  Actually, I think I might be OK with that!  We love the Zoo.  No surprise there!  I can’t even tell you how happy I am that little lovebug loves animals and all things nature.  It makes me smile and hope that she, too, will recognize all of this beauty as an extension of her loving creator. 

Some glimpses into our journeys:

Driving down to the zoo, aren’t they cute??

IMG_0579

IMG_0581

All of the pals checking out the kangaroos and wallabies!  Poor Zach, he was on the other side of Abi and she cut his head out of the picture!

IMG_0588

Abi loves the penguins and totally gets excited when they swim past her! (as I’m re-reading this sentence, it sounds very valley-girl, but I’m going to leave it as-is)

IMG_1043

IMG_1045

One of my top five zoo-memories with abi to date.  We were up there, just the two of us, and we were at the gorilla exhibit (a favorite of both of ours) – and we were waiting for Timbo to come.  (Timbo is one of our female gorillas – about 45 years old!), and when we got there, Timbo was nowhere to be found.  But, this did not defeat abi’s gorilla-watching spirit – she grabbed her snack trap, and just sat and waited.  AHHH!  SO, I just sat down with her, and looked silly as I took this pic with my timer.  Oh well.  It was precious, and I will remember it.

IMG_1049

IMG_1051

And Timbo delivered:

IMG_1053

IMG_1057 

It’s getting colder!  At the Zoo with Emmy – we now love wagons! 

IMG_1177

Seriously, how cute??  It’s better to head into the Children’s Zoo with your buddy.

IMG_1191

IMG_1195

Katelyn, who used to work in Education, let us go behind the scenes to meet Leia up close:

IMG_1199

IMG_1203

First time on the carousel!  “She” chose the gorilla to ride!

IMG_1205

IMG_1209

Check back soon – you know there will be more to come!

1 comment:

Jen W. said...

I can't believe how big she's getting. Love seeing all the pictures and reading your journaling. Hugs to the Texas W's from the Colorado W's!