Monday, November 9, 2009

The spork is helpful…

And here I thought that the only useful spork was from Taco Bell in their cheesy fiesta potatoes (I know, GROSS, but it is a guilty pleasure of both mine and donald).  Turns out.  Sporks are great for little ones while they’re learning to eat “like a grown-up.” 

We think Abi may be a bit behind in this area – different places say different things.  But, regardless, we would like for abi to be doing a bit better at eating on her own with colorful, plastic silverware.  I will be honest – this is somewhat motivated by my dislike of having to clean the floor under abi’s chair after every meal.

So, this week I am REALLY trying to encourage abi to eat all of her food on her own.  Also being honest – it is much faster for me to just feed her the yogurt, so it is a patience exercise for me too!  So look out – we just might have a mini Emily Post on our hands soon!

IMG_0498

IMG_0499

Abi and Donald signing “It’s time to Eat!”

IMG_0665

This morning at breakfast – she’s never had cereal AND milk – so here we go!  I never really use bibs in the morning (gonna put her PJ’s in the hamper in next few minutes!) or at night (unless I really love the outfit – as it will also go in the hamper in the next few minutes!) or unless it’s something that can stain.

IMG_0938

IMG_0939

We’ll let you know how it goes!

No comments: