Friday, November 6, 2009

Quiet Time Box

The other morning, Abi and I were just having a slow morning around the house.  Depending on the calmness of “inner-me” – I either love or hate these kind of mornings.  Sometimes I am foolishly antsy, always wanting something to do.  Gracefully, and thankfully, I was relishing in the quiet of the day.  I got out my old quiet time box that my parents had brought down for Abi, and we had fun looking at everything.  My “quiet time box” was an ingenious idea that my mom and her friends had to teach us little ones to be still and have some time each day where we thought about the Lord and his love for us.  I really remember using it preschool/early-elementary years.  Sweet time.  She really didn’t quite understand – but, this is OK.  Reliving memories that I had working on the box, and smiling as I watched abi explore something that was new to her, yet precious to me.

IMG_0876

IMG_0872

Abi really tried to thread the string through the holes of the little “bible houses” – she did great with some help!

IMG_0879

IMG_0880

A note from my parents that I had saved in the box– so sweet.  Thought it would make you smile.  It did for me!  (Don’t know what babies I was helping to keep happy??!!)

IMG_0883

2 comments:

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

what a sweet, sweet thing!!

Mike said...

I'm going to tuck that idea away! I love the sweet note from your parents.