Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Healing power of pictures – Sanctification through Motherhood

IMG_3082

Have you ever noticed that?  No matter what the day (or days) have held…there is something so calming for me to reflect on pictures.  To remember the beauty.  To focus on joy.  Not in a way that takes us away from reality – and I’m not suggesting that conflict or issues aren’t tackled or dealt with…but that sometimes I need a refresher on what lens I should be looking through.

  IMG_3084 

Our kiddo blog is largely for our family and friends who don’t see these two lovelies most days.  But, it’s also a little journal for them.  That as they grow up being in this family…they can look back on the comical – on the great – on the crazy – on the lovely-- look back on lessons learned.  They can gain some insight into our life during these years.  A look back on the REAL of life.  The lens of honesty.  Some times this little beauty just gives me a run for my money.  Oh goodness.  And I’m a bit scared for what life will look like when she’s 13.  Oh wow, do we know how to push each other’s buttons.  As I often joke with my momma, I’m sure she has NO idea what I’m talking about!  Being a mother to a daughter makes me so much more thankful for my momma!

IMG_3083

But, as I look at pictures of her, her goodness shines through.  I see the sweetness, the innocence, the beauty.  My lens isn’t tainted by my own frustration or anger…it’s just quiet and still.  These pictures heal.

IMG_3085

*more of Texas State Fair 2011 pics to come soon!

No comments: