Friday, October 14, 2011

Painting Pumpkins

I so desire contentment and thankfulness to be a hallmark of our family’s life.  OH so much prayer over that.  Because let’s be honest, it can be dang-hard to have those things mark our days.  But, it is what we are called to do.  I smile over the moments where I can see that the Lord is extra gracious – he makes contentment and thankfulness go hand in hand – and they come easily.  How undeserving I am of these times, yet I am so grateful.

Last week was one of those times for our family – thankful for fall / content to live in a place of beauty and alongside community.  A treat of a day!

Our Early Childhood PTA met and had the kiddos decorate pumpkins (and not just pie pumpkins, legit pumpkins!).  One of the things I love about my girl – she is a pumpkin lover.  As soon as Christmas is through, this child begins to ask about when the pumpkins will return to the arboretum.

Starting out the day right: eating tacos, I mean wallets.

IMG_2712

Getting their workout in!  I just casually walked with my friend while the big sis’s did all the work.  Now, there is the beauty of family!

IMG_2719

Paint and Pumpkins – yes, please!

IMG_2733

IMG_2742

IMG_2753

IMG_2758

IMG_2767

IMG_2795

It is exhausting work…and so little understood.  Naturally, the girls needed to just relax.

IMG_2788

And then the nerve…they had to give up their sweet spots.  Content to go with the flow.  I should learn some lessons about contentment and the beauty of not needing to control things from these two!

IMG_2798

No comments: